Fun Facts about Barcodes
- Barcodes were first used to label railroad cars so railroad companies could identify incoming trains and prevent them from colliding. Barcodes were fully developed by the railroad industry and a special code system was created for this purpose.
- Not only was the first commercial product with a barcode scanned at Marsh’s supermarket in Troy, Ohio, but the first UPC scanner was installed there as well.
- Barcodes are scanned with a 99.99% success rate.
- In Seattle, QR codes are inscribed on graves which contain a link to the detailed information about the deceased person.
- Barcode data can only be read by barcode readers, a special optical scanner.
* Article from Nicelabel.com https://www.nicelabel.com/blog/2017-05-17/barcode-facts/
Industrial Imaging Products provides barcode media for every industry; every application. Our printers, scanners, labels, and ribbons will deliver high-density, printed labels that exceed compliance standards for:
- Inventory Management
Increase your efficiency and reduce expenditures with a complete barcode solution from printing and to implementation.